About Inner Effort
Inner Effort shares stories and the unseen tools that real people use to manage personal struggles and challenges while thriving and enjoying life. Inner Effort explores:
- Accepting ourselves and building happiness
- Starting and sticking to positive habits
- Managing negative emotional states and thoughts
- Dealing with difficult situations and life circumstances
- Controlling bad habits and addictions
Small, consistent daily actions lead to change and growth. They key is showing up and making yourself take those actions. Doing that requires Inner Effort.
History of Inner Effort
Inner Effort was launched in the summer of 2015 by Alen Standish. Alen is a husband, dad, technologist, audio producer, writer and host of the Inner Effort podcast.
Beginning in 2011, Alen learned to manage several of his own personal struggles including a 15 year struggle with an eating disorder, anxiety and crippling perfectionism. Alen began podcasting in 2012 as a way to share his experiences, techniques learned and to connect with others.